Terms & Conditions
Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer’s approval and Limelight Design & Print shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Additional charges shall be made for any additional proofs that are required as a result of alterations required by the customer. When style, type or layout is left to Limelight Design & Prints discretion, any subsequent changes to such style, type or layout required by the customer shall be subject to additional charges on a time and materials basis.
- Unless negotiated and agreed in writing, the copyright of general artwork, commissioned artwork and illustrations and anything else whatsoever prepared, developed or created by Limelight Design & Print shall vest in and belong to the Limelight Design & Print . The Limelight Design & Print may use any artwork or printing produced by itself for the purposes of promoting itself and/or Limelight Design & Print. The customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authorities and consents to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, copyright text and/or any other reproducible materials (Materials) prior to instructing the Limelight Design & Print to reproduce the same. The customer shall indemnify and hold the Limelight Design & Print and its agents and representatives harmless against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of any claim (including but not limited to the defence of such claim) that the reproduction of the Materials by the Limelight Design & Print infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or misuses the confidential information of a third party.
- Copyright and ownership of the design and any raw files may be transferred to the customer for 500% cost of the original invoice amount.
- All design, text, illustrations, graphics, photographs, diagrams, drawings, logos and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material content of any Website owned, controlled or operated by Limelight Design & Print and Limelight Design & Print’s Buying Guide and Limelight Design & Print’s Marketing Collateral are the intellectual property of Limelight Design & Print or its content providers and as between Limelight Design & Print and the customer all intellectual property rights (including all copyright) arising out of or connected with such content shall belong to Limelight Design & Print. No reproduction of any part is allowed without written permission.
Unless otherwise specifically requested in writing any work may carry the Limelight Design & Print imprint which will be positioned at Limelight Design & Print discretion.
Delivery & Payment
Turnaround is measured in Working Days, defined as days on which the clearing banks in the City of London are open for normal business. For orders made on a Guaranteed Turnaround service (being orders guaranteed to be ready within a certain period (the ??Guaranteed Period), delivery (as more particularly described in paragraph 9(b) below) will be made no later than 10pm on the last Working Day of the Guaranteed Period. Should Limelight Design & Print fail to deliver within the Guaranteed Period (see also paragraph 10 Variations in quantity), a service ‘??credit’? will be awarded up to the value of the order in question (redeemable against future orders within 6 months of issue of the Credit in question) (the Credit?). The customer will still be obliged to pay in full for the order in respect of which delivery was late, including any of the sums charged specifically for the provision of the Guaranteed Turnaround Service (??the Premium Charges?). Where the late delivery is as the result of the action or inaction of a third party, such as a carrier, Limelight Design & Print , at their absolute discretion, may elect to extend the Turnaround by one Working Day and the customer shall not be awarded a Credit during this time.
- These services rely on the customer not delaying the progress of the order in any way (which delays include but are not limited to the customer not returning proofs by the time specified by Limelight Design & Print or failing to make payment by the time such payment is due) (a ??Customer Delay). In the event of a Customer Delay the customer shall not be awarded a Credit and the customer shall still be obliged to pay the Premium Charges but Limelight Design & Print shall not be bound to deliver within the Guaranteed Period.
- Delivery of work by Limelight Design & Print shall be deemed to take place upon collection of the work by the customer (where the customer is obliged to collect the work) or (where Limelight Design & Print is obliged to deliver the work) actual delivery of the work to the customer by Limelight Design & Print . Where the customer is obliged to collect the work, customer’s failure to collect the work on the day on which Limelight Design & Print is contractually obliged to have it ready for collection shall be classed as a Customer Delay. Where Limelight Design & Print is obliged to deliver the work to the customer but the customer provides Limelight Design & Print with incomplete or incorrect delivery information or is not available to accept delivery, then provided that the printing.com has used reasonable endeavours to deliver the work to the customer, a failed delivery shall be classed as a Customer Delay.
- Unless otherwise specified the price quoted is for collection of the work from Limelight Design & Print A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed Limelight Design & Print shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved, including without limitation, the cost of couriers or special delivery post.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days or more Limelight Design & Print shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
- Risk of loss of or damage to work completed by Limelight Design & Print shall pass to the customer on delivery. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the work to the customer, ownership of and title to the work shall not pass to the customer and shall be retained by Limelight Design & Print until Limelight Design & Print has received payment in full in respect of the work.
- In the unlikely event that Limelight Design & Print deems it necessary to re-print work, the Guaranteed Period shall recommence from the time of Limelight Design & Print confirmation to the customer of its agreement to reprint the work.
We will take a 50% deposit for all Graphic Design & Web Design work before the work commences. The balance is due on completion or when the site goes live. Deposits are non-refundable if a proof or visual has already been produced and meets the design brief criteria.
Variations In Quantity
Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered. However some variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that minor variations are immaterial and that Limelight Design & Print shall have no liability in respect of such variations. For other variations Limelight Design & Print entire liability will be to award a Credit. The table below sets out the circumstances under which a Credit will be awarded:
|QUANTITIES||NO CREDIT AWARDED||PRO RATA CREDIT AWARDED||1.5X PRO RATA CREDIT AWARDED|
|up to 1,000||Shortage up to 10%||11% to 20%||21% to 25%*|
|up to 5,000||Shortage up to 7%||8% to 15%||16% to 23%*|
|up to 20,000||Shortage up to 5%||6% to 12%||13% to 21%*|
|above 20,000||Shortage up to 4%||5% to 10%||11% to 20%*|
* The Customer’??s sole remedy in respect of shortages above these quantities (??Additional Shortages?) will be a re-print of the entire shortage quantity of the relevant work, to be undertaken by Limelight Design & Print within a reasonable period of time. The Customer shall not be entitled to a Credit in respect of an Additional Shortage.
Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to Limelight Design & Print and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to Limelight Design & Print and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to Limelight Design & Print within 28 days of delivery. Limelight Design & Print shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
Limelight Design & Print gives no warranties or guarantees or makes any representations as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any completed work the subject of a customer’??s order and all other warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, whether express or implied, oral or in writing, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded. Limelight Design & Print shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in transit not caused by Limelight Design & Print . Further, Limelight Design & Print shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of profits, economic loss, loss of goodwill or loss of anticipated savings or loss of data. The total aggregate liability of Limelight Design & Print in respect of any and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with the customer’??s order andLimelight Design & Print performance of services pursuant to such order (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall (subject to the provisions of paragraph 10) be limited to the sums paid to Limelight Design & Print by the customer in respect of the order pursuant to which liability has arisen. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude liability which cannot, pursuant to English Law, be excluded or limited including for death or personal injury or liability in respect of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Metal and other materials owned by and used by it in the production of plates, film-setting, negatives, positives and the like shall remain the exclusive property of Limelight Design & Print. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer’s property.
- Lithographic, together work or other materials supplied by the customer may be effaced or destroyed immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, Limelight Design & Print shall be entitled to make additional charges.
- The customer’s property and all property supplied to Limelight Design & Print by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Limelight Design & Print or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure such property accordingly.
- Where a customer fails to collect work within 20 working days from notification to the customer of completion of the work, Limelight Design & Print shall be entitled, at its discretion, to either store the work until actual delivery or collection is made and charge the customer for the costs (including insurance) of storage or to destroy such work (provided that the customer shall nevertheless remain liable for payment in respect of the relevant order).
Materials Supplied by the Customer
- Limelight Design & Print may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which it considers to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by Limelight Design & Print in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
- Limelight Design & Print shall have no liability in respect of any work being of less than reasonably satisfactory quality as a result of defects in or the unsuitability of materials supplied or specified by the customer.
- Limelight Design & Print shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage accordingly if the quantities of materials supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage (??an Insufficient Supply?) then Limelight Design & Print shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity to the extent that such shortfall arises as a result of such Insufficient Supply.
Credit Terms and Payment
For invoices not settled within the agreed credit terms or for payments returned unpaid (such as cheques, credit cards or similar), Limelight Design & Print reserves the right to charge interest on the overdue debt at 2% above the HSBC base rate at the time and an administration fee to cover its debt recovery costs and any other costs relating to the collection of payment.
Website Hosting & Domains
Renewal invoices for your domain are generated 21-30 days in advance and sent to your registered e-mail address. It is your responsibility to ensure this e-mail address is kept up to date and can receive emails from us.
It is important that we receive payment before your renewal date. All services must be paid for by the due date unless a written adjustment has been agreed. Failure to complete payment after this time will result in an automatic cancellation of your domain. This applies to all domains and hosting accounts. Domain names expire on the day immediately after their renewal date. As such we strongly recommend renewing a minimum of 48 hours before the expiration date.
We reserve the right to alter our prices at any time and will notify you of any alteration by providing you with a written notice. Notice of any price alteration will be sent via e mail to the e mail address that we hold for you in our account. If you have already purchased a particular service then the price alteration will only become effective when the service reaches the end of its current term.
Some hosting packages include a free domain registration or transfer for a .be / .biz / .co.uk / .com / .de / .eu / .info / .ltd.uk / .me / .me.uk / .net / .org / .org.uk domain name. The registration period is one year.
Hosting package renewals do not include a further free domain renewal, transfer or registration.
We will always register, transfer and renew domain names on behalf of our clients. You are always in control of every aspect of your domain name(s) and can manage your domain’s WHOIS data through https://www.nominet.uk/domains/manage-your-domain/ . It is your responsibility to keep this data correct. You acknowledge and agree that your right and interest in a domain name ceases upon its expiration and any expired domain name may be made available for registration by a 3rd party. It is your responsibility to check your domain is active.
If the customer ceases to pay its debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay its debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against it, Limelight Design & Print without prejudice to other remedies shall (i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to Limelight Design & Print, and (ii) in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in Limelight Design & Print possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days?? notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as Limelight Design & Print thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
- Limelight Design & Print shall not be required to print any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights or any third party.
- Without prejudice to paragraph 7 above, the customer shall indemnify and hold Limelight Design & Print harmless against all claims, demands, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of the work it is required to produce pursuant to a customer order being or alleged to be defamatory.
Save in respect of a material breach and/or in the event that a claim arises under any indemnity set out above a contract for the printing of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly or more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of other periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Limelight Design & Print may terminate any such contract forthwith should any sum due thereunder remain unpaid for a period of 7 or more days from its due date.
Full Colour Printing
All reasonable efforts shall be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on customer’??s work but variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that, Limelight Design & Print shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer’??s photograph, transparency, proof, electronic graphic file, previously printed matter (whether printed by printing.com reseller or other party) or any other materials supplied by the customer and the printed article the subject of the customer’??s order.
By placing an order with Limelight Design & Print, the customer consents to its details being passed on to Limelight Design & Print for accounting and marketing purposes. The details will be kept by Limelight Design & Print even after the customer’s trading relationship with Limelight Design & Print has terminated. Limelight Design & Print may use the customer’s personal data to let customers know about goods and services similar to the goods or services provided to the customer previously and any others matters that Limelight Design & Print consider may be of interest to customers.
Limelight Design & Print shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to perform any obligation which is owed by it to the customer for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to Limelight Design & Print elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions may be accessed via the Website.
If you wish to make a complaint, you can do so by email email@example.com or letter. If you are disabled, and need a reasonable adjustment to ensure you can register your complaint, you can contact us alternatively by: telephone 01284 848640 asking a member of staff to help you in writing out your complaint.
Stage 1 Acknowledgement sent within 5 working days Complaint sent to senior officer to assess.
Full response sent within 20 working days. Happy with our response?
Yes Complaint closed and any lessons drawn – thank you. No Ask for a review of our response.
Stage 2 Acknowledgement sent within 5 working days Complaint sent to Directors to review Full response sent within 20 working days.
These terms and conditions and all other express terms of the contract with customers shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. English Courts shall have jurisdiction in relation to any matters arising in connection with any contract between Limelight Design & Print and the customer into which these terms are incorporated.
Competition T’s and C’s apply:
– Closing date for entries will be 30th March, 30th June, 30th Sept and 30th December. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
– Winners will be chosen: at random by software provided by Limelight Design Studio
-The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
– The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
– By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.