If you want people to get the right idea about you and your company, you need to have the right business cards. You want their impression to accurately convey the professional approach of your work. If you want people to trust that you do quality work, you need to present them with a quality business card.
But what makes a good business card?
Our top 5 business card tips
- The paper you choose for your cards can make a huge difference in how your card is perceived. Thick 600gsm business cards will impress anyone you hand them out to and will stay looking smart for longer than a lighter business card. Try them for half price during February. Using good paper shows your customers and clients that you are willing to invest to get better results and higher quality products. Finishes such as Spot UV, embossing and foil blocking can add style and sophistication to your business cards.
- Your company name should be centre stage, along with your logo if you have one (if you don’t, talk to us). Brand recognition is key in business and you’ll need to ensure that people know who you are.
- Don’t assume that people can guess what you do from your company name. Having a company name like, “Handy Man Services” is probably quite straightforward but if your company name is not obvious or abbreviated, then spell it out for people. Perhaps include 2-3 short bullet points about your services or list some of your products.
- Lots of negative space – but it does not have to be white – and simple type can go a long way. The keep it simple design philosophy is often one of the best when it comes to small spaces. White space also allows people to note details on your card enabling them to remember you (“Met on [date] at [location]“).
- Create contrast with colour. Stick to one or two colours for the text on your business cards to give them a modern and sophisticated look. Keep your colour scheme consistent throughout your marketing (stationery, leaflets, website) to develop a professional image of yourself.
Never give away just one card. Always give a potential client at least two cards. Ask them to pass on your card to anyone they feel may be in need of your services or products. In return, ask for extras of their card to hand out. They’ll be more likely to promote you if they know that you’ll be returning the favour.
If you are interested in any of these services then make sure to get in touch by calling us on 01284 848640 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to sign up to our form to stay up to date with all of our offers.